Fox Settles Voting Defamation for $785 Million

Fox News and Dominion reach $787.5 million settlement in defamation lawsuit via nbcnews - https://www.nbcnews.com/media/fox-news-settles-dominion-defamation-lawsuit-rcna80285
that will definitely give haters of trump and fox news reasons to gloat.... ..but i doubt that even a billion dollar settlement is going to hurt fox news that much..... everything they do is for the ratings... and this news will only increase their ratings that much more.. ..more people than ever now will click onto the fox channel to see what they are going to say about it.... .

Last edited:
I am puzzled by this. On April 17 Trump specifically asked Rupert Murdoch of Fox News to use this lawsuit as an opportunity to show that the 2020 election was stolen. Instead, Fox News has chosen not to bring forth any evidence that the election was stolen, and instead they are paying $787,500,000 to settle the lawsuit. If such evidence existed, wouldn't now be the time to bring it forth, instead of going along with the cover-up of the allegedly "stolen" election? My apologies to anyone who considers it "gloating" to ask this question. I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 and I was sorry that he lost in 2020, but I see no point in insisting that the election was stolen, in the absence of any evidence of that. It seems to me that at some point, we as Christians, as conservatives, as Republicans, are going to lose our credibility by continuing to harp on the truth of things for which we have no evidence.

I am puzzled by this. On April 17 Trump specifically asked Rupert Murdoch of Fox News to use this lawsuit as an opportunity to show that the 2020 election was stolen. Instead, Fox News has chosen not to bring forth any evidence that the election was stolen, and instead they are paying $787,500,000 to settle the lawsuit. If such evidence existed, wouldn't now be the time to bring it forth, instead of going along with the cover-up of the allegedly "stolen" election? My apologies to anyone who considers it "gloating" to ask this question. I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 and I was sorry that he lost in 2020, but I see no point in insisting that the election was stolen, in the absence of any evidence of that. It seems to me that at some point, we as Christians, as conservatives, as Republicans, are going to lose our credibility by continuing to harp on the truth of things for which we have no evidence.
Perhaps it is part of the grand scheme of things to discredit any "Voice" on the right? Perhaps Fox was just "Bought off" and told to take the fall? Its nothing but "Play Money" at this juncture anyway.

that will definitely give haters of trump and fox news reasons to gloat.... ..but i doubt that even a billion dollar settlement is going to hurt fox news that much..... everything they do is for the ratings... and this news will only increase their ratings that much more.. ..more people than ever now will click onto the fox channel to see what they are going to say about it.... .
Yes, they won’t be too badly hurt by $785 million. Probably just make it a tax write-off lol.

Obviously Fox did not want testimony to be heard. This was their best way out of this or that’s their take on it.

IMHO this is again Trump instigating harm to the conservative movement he purports to champion. He needs to GO AWAY

... OR... as the judge already showed prejudice against FOX, it was far better to shake off the suit and save $900,000,000.

Sometimes, in business, it makes more sense to settle outnof court than to fight for "principles."

Settling out of court proves nothing. It does not mean Dominion was right and FOX was wrong (vice versa)